Thursday 7 October 2010

Julia is ten years old today!

My little girl is ten today, and she was so happy; she's been counting the days to this day, when she gets to double digits and is two years older than her brother.

Yesterday we went to Dulwich Park to learn to ride a bike, because I bought them both bikes, which will be ready today. My heart gave such a leap of pride when Michael just took off, half expecting him to fall, and then Julia did it too... within ten minutes both of them were going around as if they'd done it all their lives.

I remember the day I learnt it myself, on a great big men's bike, far too big for me and I had to crouch under the frame, I couldn't steer so ended up crashing into the side of a barn, breaking the side lights and snapping the dynamo off. I was terrified of my mother and used chewing gum to glue it together and of course it all come apart as soon as my mother picked it up. I was banned from touching another bicycle until I was eight when she went to take my brother to the Seminary.

I am really looking foward to this afternoon when she arrives from school and sees her new bike. She thinks she's had all the presents already.

When she's happy her whole world (and ours) just becomes wonderland and she skips and laughs, with her beautiful smile framed by her lovely shiny curls. How I love her...

Happy birthday Amorzinho!

No comments:

Post a Comment